You can’t always see dirt and grime in commercial carpeting because many people choose carpet colours and grades for commercial buildings that hide dirt and grime well. Commercial carpets can hide thick layers of dust and dirt for extended periods of time, as well as harbour pollen and pet-dander that’s carried in on people’s shoes and clothing. Unless there are huge stains or excessive wear and tear, the carpets might even look clean even though they are far from it. Commercial carpets quickly become embedded with dirt that can’t just be lifted by a going over them with a vacuum. Because of this, it’s crucial to hire a commercial cleaning services company to deep clean your commercial carpets regularly.
Even though you can’t see it, your carpet is accumulating things like dust, dirt, grime and rock salt throughout the year. The longer your carpet goes uncleaned, the more people walk over the contaminants grinding them deep into your carpet fibers. Not only does this contribute to the life of the carpets, but can also affect overall office hygiene.
Dirt that’s lived for a long time in your carpets can lead to:
- Unexplained odours and mustiness
- Unsanitary conditions
- Increased allergens
- Carpet damage
- Compromised office air quality
Here are the facts:
- Vacuuming only gets rid of 85% of the dirt you track into your carpet
- Your carpet at home can accumulate 40 lbs. of dirt every year! Commercial carpets accumulate even more
- If employees eat snacks at their desks, there are tons of old, rancid food particles deep down in your carpeting creating bacteria growth and odours
- Dirty carpeting harbors a variety of pathogens including mildew, mold, salmonella, staphylococcus, norovirus, E. coli and more
- Lastly, chemicals like rock salt and fertilizer, skin flakes and dead bugs are just a few of the other undesirables that make up the filth you don’t see hiding in your commercial carpets
When you’re ready to call in the professionals to deep clean your commercial carpets, choosing a professional commercial cleaning services company is a wise, cost-effective and efficient choice. Commercial buildings often have a combination of both carpeted and non-carpeted areas. A professional commercial cleaning company such as VForce can tend to both as well as respond to any cleaning emergencies before they turn into stains or safety hazards. A commercial cleaning services company can work with you to determine the best carpet cleaning schedule according to your needs and address any specific seasonal requirements you might have.
If you haven’t had your commercial carpets deep cleaned in the past 6 months or more, now is the time to have a professional thoroughly clean your carpets. You will improve the air quality throughout your office and enhance everyone’s health and well-being. Contact our Master Cleaning Techs at VForce Commercial Cleaning today to get started and learn about our full range of commercial cleaning services.